BitShares is a decentralized permissionless “Blockchain As Organization” (BAO); a powerful beyond bitcoin innovation in which its core asset BTS is being utilized as an organization proof of stake and utility token to satisfy Blockchain users financial means in a form of smart transactions fully stored on each node within its decentralized network.
BitShares Blockchain is very similar to public companies and open joint-stock companies yet it’s not required to be registered nor trusted.
- Awesome BitShares Blockchain
- Projects Using the BitShares Blockchain
- Other Blockchains in the BitShares Family
Awesome BitShares Blockchain
A curated list of resources around the BitShares Blockchain and its ecosystem.
Want to contribute to the list? Read the contributors guide!
- How.BitShares.works Documentation – The primary documentation, maintained by the community, hosted by github.
- Dev.BitShares.works Docs – The BitShares Developers Portal.
- BitShares-Core Wiki – Documentation about the core software development and integration.
- BitShares-Core Doxygen Documentation – Documentation generated from BitShares-Core code base.
- BitShares-UI Wiki – Guidelines about how to integrate or contribute to the reference wallet project.
- BitShares-UI Help – Guidelines about how to use the reference wallet software.
- docs.bitshares.eu – The original, worker funded documentation site. Now redirects to how.bitshares.works. The old documentation is here.
- 中文文档 – Documentation in Chinese, maintained by the Chinese community.
- BitSharesTalk Forum – The original board of discussion for BitShares (ever since 2013).
- Hive#bitshares – #bitshares tagged posts on the Hive blockchain.
- Steem#bitshares – #bitshares tagged posts on the Steem blockchain.
- Whaleshares#bitshares – #bitshares tagged posts on the WHALESHARES blockchain.
- Twitter@bitsharesorg – Content managed by bitshares.org owner.
- Twitter#BitShares – #BitShares tagged on Twitter.
- Twitter#bitshares – #bitshares tagged on Twitter.
- Reddit#bitshares – Reddit sub-reddit for BitShares.
- BitShares DAC – General discussions.
- BitShares Mobile – Focus on BitShares mobile app.
- BitShares Node Admin – Provides server admins & interested parties with tech support.
- BitShares Traders – Focus on Trading.
- BitShares Wallet Help – Web-based wallet & desktop wallet support.
- PyBitShares – Focus on python-bitshares development.
- BeetApp – Focus on beetapp development.
- DEXBot – Focus on DEXBot development.
- Committee – (invite only) For committee members.
- Developers – (invite only) For developers.
- Witnesses – (invite only) For block producers.
- Decentralized 2019 – BitShares as Event Partner – In Athens, Greece.
- Bitfest 2018 – in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Graphene DevCon 2018 – in Shanghai, China.
Given that many businesses and community members operate their own API endpoints, duplicating that list here would be unecessary efforts. Hence, we here link to the list of nodes as used in the reference wallet on wallet.bitshares.org.
There are some extended APIs provided by the community.
Kibana and ElasticSearch Endpoints
Kibana and ElasticSearch endpoints can be used to query blockchain data and perform visualizations.
- BTS++ – native Android/iOS app.
- BiTSy – native Android wallet with Merchants/Tellers map, in 104 languages.
- Beet – standalone web application.
- Reference Wallet – reference web wallet (ReactJS).
- Community UI – fully responsive community web wallet (VueJS).
- Citadel Desktop Wallet – desktop wallet written in Python
- Ledger App – Bitshares Wallet App for Ledger Nano S
Warning: Since these are hosted wallets, they may have access to your private account credentials and thus, your funds may be at risk. Do your own research!
Hosted Mainnet Wallets
- wallet.bitshares.org – BitShares.org hosted reference wallet, lastest release.
- staging.bitshares.org – BitShares.org hosted reference wallet, latest release candidate.
- develop.bitshares.org – BitShares.org hosted reference wallet, latest in-development version.
- wallet.bitshares.eu – BitShares Europe hosted reference wallet (customized).
- m.magicw.net – Web version of the MagicWallet Android/iOS app.
- Check the Exchanges running on the BitShares blockchain too.
Hosted Testnet Wallets
- testnet.bitshares.org – down for maintenance.
- testnet.bitshares.eu – down for maintenance.
- BTS.ai – closed source.
- cryptofresh.com – closed source, operational since 2015.
- blocksights.info – closed source, an improved version of open-explorer.
- bitsharescan.com – closed source. Down for maintenance.
- open-explorer.io – Down for maintenance. Open souce, code is here.
- bitshares-explorer.io – based on open-explorer, closed source. Down for maintenance.
Libraries capable of communicating with the BitShares blockchain.
- bitshares-core – reference code base that operates the blockchain.
- bitshares-go – BitShares golang client
- go-bitshares – API for BitShares – supports websocket RPC & Wallet functions
- graphenej – Graphene Java lib for mobile app Developers.
- bitsharesjs – used by reference wallet.
- vuex-bitshares – used by Trusty/Community UI.
- python-bitshares – full featured python library.
- bitshares-php – A php library, for reading bitshares blockchain
Tools and Scripts
- DEXBot – Market Maker bot
- bitshares-scripts – a set of python scripts.
- bitshares-tradehistory-analyzer – a set of scripts for exporting and analyzing trading history.
- stakemachine [deprecated trading bot platform]
- Uptick – command line tool.
- Telegram notifier – a simple bitshares telegram notifier
- PoolTool – A simple GUI tool to help anyone use Liquidity Pools on the BitShares blockchain.
Projects Using the BitShares Blockchain
Warning: Being listed here is not endorsement nor does it provide any credibility to these projects. Even though the authors of this list have high quality standards, limited resources prevent them from keeping this list up-to-date with respect to their credibility. Use this list at your own risk and do your own research!
- PalmPay – A chain-agnostic Point Of Sale system, using Bitshares DEx, in 104 languages.
- Moneda Par – a non-profit based in Argentina that allows the exchange of goods and services through mutual loans.
Other Blockchains in the BitShares Family
BitShares being the first that is build on the Graphene or graphene-like base system, other blockchains have been deployed that make use of the very same foundations: